1. Santa Bárbara de Nexe is a small typical village of the Algarve inserted between Loulé, Faro, São Brás de Alportel and Tavira, the natural surroundings of this village.
2. Located on the site of a Bronze Age hill fort, its bell tower sits atop a 400-year-old white walled church and can be seen from miles away and is perhaps one of Santa Bárbara’s most well known landmarks.
3. Property in Santa Bárbara and in the surroundings is popular among expats, particularly those from the UK and the Netherlands, France, Sweden and Belgium.
4. Many chose to buy in the area for its tranquility and authenticity as well as proximity to the major Algarve resorts and the amenities that come with them.
5. Property styles are varied, the majority will be detached villas on private plots although there are some apartments and townhouses for sale in the village itself and in the surroundings
6. Quintas and cottages, dotted between larger villas, can be found on the outskirts of the village and in the surrounding hillsides and hamlets.
7. The village itself contains most essential facilities – newsagents, a market, a post office, a large supermarket, vet, doctor, as well as several restaurants and bars.